In 1991, MTN Satellite Communications was the first to place an antenna on a cruise ship and since then has been a leading innovator for keeping passengers, crew, and captains connected at sea. MTN delivers reliable VSAT services and, leveraging the “Always On – Always Available” network so many have come to rely on, delivers corporate as well as crew and passenger data in the middle of the ocean.
In addition to industry-leading VSAT satellite network solutions, MTN offers voice and data services, Internet services, news and entertainment services, and financial services that all add to the cruise experience and onboard revenue opportunities.
The MTN Difference
As a pioneer in the satellite communications industry, MTN is a leader in delivering forward-thinking differentiators for our customers.
True Global Network
MTN operates the largest global Automatic Beam Switching Ku-Band network and expansive C-Band satellite coverage. Designed specifically for the maritime industry, the network provides reliable and consistent VSAT communications, keeping customers connected anywhere in the world. Plus, additional beams give bandwidth flexibility that others might not offer.
Redundant Terrestrial Backbone
MTN’s worldwide footprints are supported by a secure network infrastructure that consists of 10 teleport gateways and 14 Points of Presence (POPs) strategically located across the globe. Each of these facilities is interconnected through an extensive, redundant, private terrestrial network backbone, delivering numerous connectivity options to meet our cruise partners’ critical communication requirements.
Unparalleled Customer & Technical Support
- Multilingual 24/7/365 Network Operations Center.
- Dedicated MTN customer service representatives for technical support, training, and real-time monitoring of services provided and supported by MTN.
- Monitoring and managing of remote VSAT systems, the terrestrial backbone, global network equipment, and all MTN enhanced services.
- Global spare parts depots, MTN technicians, and certified technical partners located throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the South Pacific.
Training & Testing Facility
- Well-respected and widely recognized training curriculum for engineers, technicians and other maritime professionals.
- Hands-on training courses to offer students the education to understand, operate and potentially service an MTN stabilized antenna system.
- Official certification upon course completion.
- The MTN in-house testing facility allows customers to test new software or applications live on our network, but from a controlled environment, prior to installing the service on a vessel.